Enjoy Family Time with a New Puzzle
Are you or your children spending too much time in front of a screen? Do you need a new hobby to help you destress and catch up with your family? Whatever your reasons, spending time building a puzzle together can bring your family closer together, and with the beautiful designs available, you can have the puzzle framed and hung up as a reminder of a fun day spent together.
At AULOVES, we stock various puzzles for our customers, and if you aren’t sure which one will suit your needs, we are more than happy to assist you with choosing the correct puzzle for you to enjoy.
Benefits of a Wooden Puzzle
When shopping for a new jigsaw puzzle, ensure that you purchase a wooden puzzle as these are more durable, longer lasting, and will provide you and your family with many hours of fun and family time. Other than spending time together, there are many benefits of puzzle building. Here are just a few of the benefits you can gain when putting a puzzle together:
- Exercises the brain. The right side of your brain is responsible for your creativity, while your left side is your logical side. When you put jigsaw puzzles together, you use both sides of your brain.
- Improves your visual perceptions. As puzzles are based mainly on your visual reasoning, you improve the way you solve visual problems.
- Improves your memory. Building puzzles require you to use your short-term memory a lot, and by doing so, you are strengthening your short-term memory, which can assist with reducing your chances of getting diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
Tips for Putting Together a 1 000-Piece Puzzle
If you are attempting to putting together a large puzzle such as a 1 000-piece puzzle or even a 500-piece puzzle, then you need to know a few things about puzzle building. Here are some tips for putting a large puzzle together so that you won’t get frustrated and give up.
- Your space. Before you open the puzzle box, ensure your workspace is large enough, not just to fit the puzzle but also for laying out all the pieces and giving your room to move around.
- Separate your pieces. The second step to puzzle building is to separate all your pieces, place all straight edge pieces in one pile, then sort the rest by colour and design.
- Edges first. It is best to build a puzzle from the outside in, this means you need to build the frame of the puzzle before filling in the middle.
At AULOVES, we know that playing together can keep a family together and allow you to spend time with your children before they get too old to play with you. We focus on fun, from jigsaw puzzles to skateboards and balance boards, many of the items we stock are for indoor and outdoor play. Buying play items has never been easier, simply add the item you want to your cart, check out, and we’ll have your purchase sent directly to you.
For more information about the products we stock, or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us today.