Summer Beach Party 46'' 118cm New Sealed Dancing Board Longboard Skateboard Light Up Wheels
Fall in love 46'' 118cm New Sealed Dancing Board Longboard Skateboard Light Up Wheels
Starry Sky 46'' 118cm Dancing Board Longboard Skateboard Complete Professional Light Up Wheels
Dreamy Elk 46'' 118cm Colourful Grip New Sealed Dancing Board Longboard Skateboard Light Up Wheels
Pink Summer Fruit 46'' 118cm New Sealed Dancing Board Longboard Skateboard Light Up Wheels
Learn More About the Longboard
For many people, skateboarding and longboarding might seem like the same thing, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. The history of the longboard links closely with the surfboard, which was made smaller, wheels were added, and there you go, a surfboard on the street, even though it only came years after surfing.
However, since the advent of skateboarding back in the 1960s, it has evolved to become more about the tricks and less about street surfing. Skate longboards are bigger with softer wheels to grip the road better and looser trucks for you to move easier when going around corners, giving you that sense of surfing.
Health Benefits of Longboard Skateboard
When you’re considering various sporting activities, each has health benefits, and the long skateboard is no exception. Apart from the fact that it's extremely fun, it’s also adventurous and thrilling. Most people see longboarding as a recreational activity, but in fact, it offers much more exercise than one might realise. If you are interested in longboarding and want to know how it can positively impact your health, here are some of the benefits.
- Longboarding can improve your cardiovascular health because of the movements of your body and the speed at which your board is going. The increased heart rate you get from the thrill also improves your lung function and increases stamina.
- This exercise will strengthen your muscles. The main benefit is to your legs because you use them to control the entire board, from kicking and pushing to braking and turning. The other part you might not have realised is the core muscles you’ll be building along the way; moving your body and legs while steering the board calls for a strong core.
- We all know that weight loss can become a tiring commitment, but it doesn’t have to be anymore. With longboarding, you will not only have fun and build muscle, but you may also lose weight. One hour on a longboard results in the loss of about 300 calories or more. That works out to about eight calories per minute, which, in turn, will help make the body more flexible.
Fun Facts About Longboard Decks
Here we have some fun facts about longboarding equipment and what makes them different from a regular skateboard. The first aspect we'll consider is the board, measuring around 22.8 to 25.4 cm in width and a length of 84 to 150 cm.
- We mentioned that the original shape came as inspiration from a surfboard, but it has been developed into different shapes over the years. These days we have everything from drop decks, swallowtails, pintails, and flat nose boards. Each of which will give you a different feeling while riding.
- It all depends on what you want to use the board for when it comes to functionality. If you’re looking to go fast and be closer to the ground to pick up that perfect speed, we suggest a drop deck. If you’re looking for something to enjoy a smooth feel, riding a pintail will be the best option. They are equipped with bigger wheels for better grip.
- With a longboard, you won’t be able to do the same tricks as you would on a skateboard. These boards are ideal for cruising to work, to school, or around the neighbourhood. Lastly, when riding a longboard, it’s highly recommended to wear a helmet and gloves at all times.
We supply you with an extensive variety of longboards for your enjoyment. As a longboard shop that loves everything longboarding, we stand behind the excellent quality of our products.
Contact us for more information or complete the online message form if you have any questions.